Better Banana Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Wollundry Grove EVOO (Delicate)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (plus 1 extra for topping)
- 2 granny smith apples, cored with skin and finely grated
- 1 ¾ cup self- raising wholemeal flour
- 1 teasp Cinnamon powder (plus a bit to sprinkle topping)
- Pinch of salt
- Pre heat oven 160 deg. (fan forced).
- Combine eggs and oil in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add honey and whisk to combine.
- Add milk, banana, apple and whisk again.
- Add cinnamon, salt and flour, now with a large spatula/spoon and combine until just mixed.
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan.
- Slice 3rd banana into length ways and press into top of the batter.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top of banana.
- Bake for 1 hr 10 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack and slice once almost cool.
Adapted from a recipe in Nourish Magazine